Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ratchet and Clank Ideation Sketches - 11 years late but still worth the wait

I recently had the time to go through my piles of Ratchet and Clank ideation sketches so that I can digitally archive them. I know it's like 11 years late but scanning each one of them in would take a significant amount of time. So after a decade of waiting I figured now's as good a time as any to take pictures of them, now that digital cameras exist. Below is the final Clank design. He's been through a pretty rigorous iterative process to get to this point.



Check out the updated Ratchet and Clank section of my website to see how Clank came to be.You'll also see a bunch more concepts and ideation sketches that helped shape the tone of the franchise. These sketches have never been seen outside the walls of Insomniac Games, other than a few class lectures and some folks at Sony, no one else has ever seen these... my fault for keeping them all to myself:).


Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing these as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Cheers!

John

4 comments:

Study live zone said...

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. Meanwhile visit our website for best synopsis

Oasis Visas said...

Thank you for sharing such amazing content. I would like to share my articles with you hope your users like them, we are immigration consultants in India. Are you interested to know about Canada PR Points Calculator Free, Oasis Resource Management is one of the leading visa consultants in India to know more Please go through my articles once.

malik said...

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also financial advisory services in australia

Revitalife clinic said...

Your Blog is very informative thanks for sharing information with us. it is so appreciated.
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy